Two suffer smoke inhalation in Manningtree kitchen fire

Web fire

Web fire

A kitchen fire was extinguished in Walder Grave Way, Manningtree, this afternoon.

Essex County Fire and Rescue Service was called to the blaze at 2.08pm, tasking a crew from the town along with an appliance from Colchester.

On arrival the fire was out, but two people had suffered smoke inhalation. Firefighters administered first aid and oxygen therapy to the pair before leaving them with the ambulance service.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter