UKIP hold Clacton seat on Tendring District Council
- Credit: Su Anderson
UKIP have held onto a seat at Tendring District Council following a by-election.
One of the Rush Green ward seats was contested on Thursday by four parties after UKIP councillor Len Sibbald resigned last month.
Mr Sibbald had been elected for the Clacton seat in May’s elections.
UKIP candidate Richard Everett won the poll with 338 votes.
Danny Mayzes (Con) polled 290 votes, Samantha Atkinson (Lab) 213 and William Hones (Ind) 36.
You may also want to watch:
Turnout was 24.8%.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 8 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 9 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 10 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street