University of Essex graduate among passengers on missing AirAsia flight
- Credit: AP
A British national on a missing AirAsia flight is understood to be a University of Essex graduate.
Chi Man Choi, 48, was on flight QZ8501 which went missing yesterday in Indonesia.
The Hull resident is thought to have been travelling with his daughter, Zoe, on tickets bought on Boxing Day, and is believed to hold a British passport but live in Singapore with his family.
According to his LinkedIn profile he went to the Colchester-based university.
Authorities have this morning resumed their search for the missing plane, which was carrying 162 people, after bad weather hampered efforts yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Objects have been spotted in the water in the area where the plane went missing, and Henry Bambang Soelistyo, of the Indonesian National Search and Rescue, said the latest theory is that the aircraft crashed into the sea.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn