Update: 19-year-old airlifted to Addenbrooke’s with life-threatening injuries after tree crash in Dennington
- Credit: Archant
A 19-year-old driver has been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with potentially life-threatening injuries after a collision with a tree.
The crash happened in Laxfield Road, Dennington at 6.43am and involved a grey Renault Clio.
The air ambulance was called and arrived on scene at 7.40am.
The driver, a 19-year-old from Norfolk, was released from his car by the fire service and airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with chest, head and pelvic injuries.
He is described as being in a critical condition.
The road was closed following the crash with diversions in place at the A1120 and Severalls Lane but was reopened at 11.19am
Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash.
- 1 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 2 Suffolk glamp site 'perfect for romantic retreats' named among best in UK
- 3 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 4 Long-running BBC One show to be filmed in Suffolk church
- 5 Former town council manager named as woman who died in A11 crash
- 6 ‘I think we sell one of the best Sunday roasts in Suffolk,’ says landlord
- 7 'It's going great' - New pizzeria proving a hit in east Suffolk town
- 8 A14 closed after crash involving lorry and car
- 9 Greater Anglia warns of further severe disruptions as more strikes planned
- 10 'He can trust me to do that' - Leigh on his new challenge at Town
Calls should be made to Pc Jason Lambourne at the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.