Update: 19-year-old airlifted to Addenbrooke’s with life-threatening injuries after tree crash in Dennington
- Credit: Archant
A 19-year-old driver has been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with potentially life-threatening injuries after a collision with a tree.
The crash happened in Laxfield Road, Dennington at 6.43am and involved a grey Renault Clio.
The air ambulance was called and arrived on scene at 7.40am.
The driver, a 19-year-old from Norfolk, was released from his car by the fire service and airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with chest, head and pelvic injuries.
He is described as being in a critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed following the crash with diversions in place at the A1120 and Severalls Lane but was reopened at 11.19am
Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash.
- 1 Body found in the River Orwell
- 2 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 3 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 4 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 5 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 6 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 7 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 8 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 9 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
Calls should be made to Pc Jason Lambourne at the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.