Update: A12 at Wickham Market re-opens after three-vehicle crash blocks road in both directions
- Credit: Archant
A three-vehicle crash on the A12 caused severe travel disruption for motorists in east Suffolk tonight.
Police said no serious injuries were reported at the scene of the pile-up on the A12 northbound near Wickham Market.
The road was blocked in both directions for more than an hour by officers following the collision which took place at around 7pm near the B1438 junction, a Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said.
The stretch of the A12 was re-opened by police at around 8.30pm after the vehicles and debris had been removed.
The crash involved a blue Vauxhall Vectra, a white Citroen Saxo and a silver Peugeot 307.
The force spokesman said one motorist involved in the incident suffered whiplash but no serious injuries were sustained.
Paramedics were called to the scene but no-one required hospital treatment, he added.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 3 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 6 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 7 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 10 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business