Update: A12 reopened after incident
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
The A12 in Colchester has reopened after an earlier incident.
Following the incident the A12 London-bound was closed at Eight Ash Green and Marks Tey because of a road traffic collision.
A police spokesman reported the incident was a motorcyclist coming off their bike, and that no other vehicles involved.
They added that there didn’t appear to be any injuries.
There are further delays on the the London-bound section of the A12 because of a crash between three vehicles.
Although all lanes have now reopened, there is still congestion in the area.
The vehicles involved in the incident are now on the hard shoulder.
- 1 Town centre road closed after becoming flooded in torrential rain
- 2 Fears over impact of cottage plans on landmark Suffolk windmill
- 3 Ex-Town loanee Bonne looks set to depart QPR
- 4 'Nottingham Knockers' targeting homes in east Suffolk village
- 5 Lorry carrying mobile home stopped on A14 in Suffolk for being too wide
- 6 Severe delays on A12 as carriageway floods during extreme rainfall
- 7 Live updates as Suffolk students pick up their A-Level results
- 8 Road near Ipswich flooded as drivers forced to find alternative routes
- 9 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 10 'There are qualities we want to add' - McKenna on Town transfer targets
Police were notified of the incident at 6.25am.
The three vehicles involved were a white transit van, a white Vauxhall Astra and a black BMW X5.
A police spokesman said there were two slight injuries.
One lane was blocked southbound at Junction 20a, the B1137 at Hatfield Peverel.
Traffic is currently slow in the area and there is congestion to Junction 21, the B1389 at Witham South.
There was also an accident on the A12 near the A120 this morning. More details here.