Update: A12 reopened after incident
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
The A12 in Colchester has reopened after an earlier incident.
Following the incident the A12 London-bound was closed at Eight Ash Green and Marks Tey because of a road traffic collision.
A police spokesman reported the incident was a motorcyclist coming off their bike, and that no other vehicles involved.
They added that there didn’t appear to be any injuries.
There are further delays on the the London-bound section of the A12 because of a crash between three vehicles.
You may also want to watch:
Although all lanes have now reopened, there is still congestion in the area.
The vehicles involved in the incident are now on the hard shoulder.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex
Police were notified of the incident at 6.25am.
The three vehicles involved were a white transit van, a white Vauxhall Astra and a black BMW X5.
A police spokesman said there were two slight injuries.
One lane was blocked southbound at Junction 20a, the B1137 at Hatfield Peverel.
Traffic is currently slow in the area and there is congestion to Junction 21, the B1389 at Witham South.
There was also an accident on the A12 near the A120 this morning. More details here.