Update: A14 now clear following two accidents which caused traffic delays
- Credit: Archant
Fire, ambulance and police services were called to the A14 after reports a car had burst into flames.
The two-vehicle crash happened at about 5.40pm, on the Stowmarket-bound carriageway, on the Nacton side of the Orwell Bridge.
Police said there had been reports one of the vehicles involved, a Range Rover and a Chevrolet Matiz, was on fire.
But on arrival fire crews found the smoke had been coming from one of the vehicle’s radiators.
A force spokesman said he believed no-one had suffered any injuries in the crash which forced a lane on the A14 to close.
You may also want to watch:
The road was later cleared at about 7pm.
Earlier there had been a three-vehicle crash in a similar stretch of the road at about 4.40pm.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth
A Seat Ibiza, a Vauxhall Vectra and a Ford Mondeo were all involved but there were no serious injuries.
Both crashes caused congestion on the busy road which was cleared from the first crash at about 5.30pm.