Update: A14 now clear following two accidents which caused traffic delays
- Credit: Archant
Fire, ambulance and police services were called to the A14 after reports a car had burst into flames.
The two-vehicle crash happened at about 5.40pm, on the Stowmarket-bound carriageway, on the Nacton side of the Orwell Bridge.
Police said there had been reports one of the vehicles involved, a Range Rover and a Chevrolet Matiz, was on fire.
But on arrival fire crews found the smoke had been coming from one of the vehicle’s radiators.
A force spokesman said he believed no-one had suffered any injuries in the crash which forced a lane on the A14 to close.
You may also want to watch:
The road was later cleared at about 7pm.
Earlier there had been a three-vehicle crash in a similar stretch of the road at about 4.40pm.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 10 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
A Seat Ibiza, a Vauxhall Vectra and a Ford Mondeo were all involved but there were no serious injuries.
Both crashes caused congestion on the busy road which was cleared from the first crash at about 5.30pm.