Update: Armed police patrol Beck Row after double shooting
ARMED police are patrolling Beck Row after a double shooting at a travellers site.
Murder investigations are continuing today after two men were killed at Willow Park on Tuesday.
A number of firearms have been found as specialist teams search the travellers site and its surrounding area.
As yet, it is uncertain whether they are connected to Tuesday’s shooting or a previous shooting in February.
High-visibility patrols are also being provided to reassure residents as detectives continue to probe the dramatic shooting.
You may also want to watch:
Armed police were called to Willow Park around 10.30pm on Tuesday to reports of gun shot sounds.
Officers discovered the bodies of two men, one of whom was inside a car which had been set alight.
- 1 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 4 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 5 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 6 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 7 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 8 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 9 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 10 Comedian Jack Whitehall visits Suffolk's 'most incredible' Wilderness Reserve
It is thought both men came from Essex.
Although the victim’s families have been told the news, formal identification is not expected to take place for a few days.
The 38-year-old man from the Mildenhall area was arrested on Wednesday night and questioned by detectives at a police station in Suffolk today.
He was released on bail yesterday to return to a police station in Suffolk on April 29, pending further enquiries.
A 38-year-old man from the Mildenhall area was arrested following a previous shooting at the site last month.
The man was later released on bail but a police spokesman could not confirm or deny if it was the same man arrested for the shooting on Tuesday.