Update: Biker in 20s dies in hospital following serious crash in Weeley Heath
A motorcyclist in his 20s has died in hospital following a serious crash, police have said.
The accident happened at around 4.30pm yesterday in Bentley Road, Weeley Heath.
A spokesman for Essex Police said they were alerted following reports that a rider had apparently lost control of his machine and left the road.
The man, in his 20s and from the Clacton area, was taken to Colchester General Hospital where he later died.
A section of Bentley Road was closed until about 9.30pm while forensic collision investigators carried out their inquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with information about events leading to the incident should contact Pc Martyn Wells at the Essex Police Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 9 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away