Update: Body found in stream in Halesworth confirmed as 77-year-old Maureen Groombridge
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk police have confirmed the body of a woman found in Halesworth this morning is that of Maureen Groombridge.
A search was launched for Maureen Groombridge, 77, after she was last seen at an address in Beech Close in the town at around 8.30pm yesterday.
Officers conducted extensive searches for Maureen, a dementia sufferer, in the Halesworth area, assisted by the force helicopter and dog units.
Searches continued throughout the night, but the search was called off at about 6.30am this morning when the body of woman was sadly found in a nearby stream off Chediston Street in the town.
Maureen’s family were made aware and formal identification today confirmed the body is that of the 77-year-old.
You may also want to watch:
The death is being treated as unexplained at this stage.
The Coroner has been informed and post-mortem examination is scheduled to take place later this week in order to establish a cause of death.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 10 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast