Update: Body of missing Sudbury woman Shirley Cassman is found
THE body of missing woman Shirley Cassman has today been found in Sudbury.
The body was discovered just before 11.30am this morning in water at the Swan Bridge in Brundon Lane.
It has been formally identified as Shirley Cassman, from Sudbury, who went missing from West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds on Tuesday.
Her family have been informed.
Her son Jason Watt, from Wiltshire, arrived in Suffolk today to help find his mother.
The death is being treated as unexplained but there are not thought to be any suspicious circumstances.
The coroner has been informed.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 3 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 4 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 5 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 6 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 7 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 10 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline