Update: Chaos across county roads as emergency services are called out to countless collisions
- Credit: Archant
SNOW and icy conditions caused disruption on roads across the county this morning.
A road was left completely blocked following a collision between a Ford Ka and a lorry.
Police were alerted to the crash on the A134 at Alpheton at 7.20am today. Firefighters and the ambulance service were also been called to attend.
A spokesman for the fire brigade said they helped release a motorist from one of the vehicles. The car has since been recovered but details of injuries remain unknown.
On Main Road in Kelsale a car ploughed into a ditch, with another vehicle also sliding off the road. The incident had been cleared by 9.50am. No one was hurt.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, a woman was left trapped in her vehicle following an accident on the B1078 at Barking.
Police were alerted to the incident invovling a Blue Hyundai at 7.41am.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
The fire service were alerted and cut the roof off the car to release a woman who was “mechnically trapped”.
A broken down lorry also called chaos on the westbound carriageway of the A14 at Elmswell. The incident was reported to police at 5.45am however the lorry was only recovered at 8am.
- St Mary’s CEVAP school in Hadleigh has been closed today due to boiler problems. Meanwhile, Sir John Leman High School is closed to years nine and 10 today and tomorrow. Other year groups have been told to wrap up extra warm due to boiler problems.