Update: Chaos across county roads as emergency services are called out to countless collisions
- Credit: Archant
SNOW and icy conditions caused disruption on roads across the county this morning.
A road was left completely blocked following a collision between a Ford Ka and a lorry.
Police were alerted to the crash on the A134 at Alpheton at 7.20am today. Firefighters and the ambulance service were also been called to attend.
A spokesman for the fire brigade said they helped release a motorist from one of the vehicles. The car has since been recovered but details of injuries remain unknown.
On Main Road in Kelsale a car ploughed into a ditch, with another vehicle also sliding off the road. The incident had been cleared by 9.50am. No one was hurt.
Meanwhile, a woman was left trapped in her vehicle following an accident on the B1078 at Barking.
Police were alerted to the incident invovling a Blue Hyundai at 7.41am.
- 1 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 2 Matchday Recap: How Town's 1-0 win at Burton unfolded
- 3 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 4 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 5 Army carries out controlled explosion of dummy tank shell in west Suffolk
- 6 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of manslaughter after death of child
- 7 Chasing a treble, style shift and potential debut - Burton v Ipswich talking points
- 8 Suffolk councillor can stay in role despite bribery sentence
- 9 Man dies following two-vehicle crash in west Suffolk town
- 10 'My darling boy' - Mum's tribute to six-month-old baby who died after crash
The fire service were alerted and cut the roof off the car to release a woman who was “mechnically trapped”.
A broken down lorry also called chaos on the westbound carriageway of the A14 at Elmswell. The incident was reported to police at 5.45am however the lorry was only recovered at 8am.
- St Mary’s CEVAP school in Hadleigh has been closed today due to boiler problems. Meanwhile, Sir John Leman High School is closed to years nine and 10 today and tomorrow. Other year groups have been told to wrap up extra warm due to boiler problems.