Update: Crews extinguish kitchen fire in Clacton

Crews were called to the fire in Braintree this evening.

Crews were called to the fire in Braintree this evening. - Credit: Archant

Crews have extinguished a fire in a kitchen at a home in Clacton.

Firefighters tackled the fire in the kitchen of a detached bungalow in Camellia Avenue after being called at around 6.45am.

On arrival the incident commander reported that the kitchen was heavily smoke logged. An ambulance was called for a 27 year-old woman suffering the effects of smoke inhalation.

Wearing breathing apparatus and using one hose reel jet, crews had extinguished the fire by just after 7am.

An ambulance spokesman said: “The woman was assessed for smoke inhalation but left at the scene in the care of family.”

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter