Update: Cyclist dies following collision with car in Old London Road at Copdock
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
A cyclist who was taken to Ipswich Hospital with life-threatening injuries after a collision with a car has died.
Emergency services were called to the southbound carriageway of the Old London Road in Copdock near the Cameo Hotel at around 2.30pm, yesterday.
They found a male cyclist, who was in his 60s, suffering from head injuries following a collision with a blue Citroen.
Police attended the scene, as well as an ambulance, a rapid response vehicle and the Essex Air Ambulance.
The man was taken to Ipswich Hospital by land accompanied by critical care paramedics from the air ambulance but overnight he died.
You may also want to watch:
Police officers closed the section of road for several hours but it was opened again around 5pm.
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to contact the serious collision investigation team on 101.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 6 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 10 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln