Update: Cyclist has life-threatening injuries after falling 15ft into Colchester subway
- Credit: Archant
A CYCLIST has been seriously injured after an accident in Colchester.
Officers were called at around 12.40pm after the cyclist was found in a subway under Southway near to the junction of St John’s Green and Abbeygate.
It is believed that no other vehicles were involved and that the cyclist, a man in his 70s from Colchester, fell 15 feet off the road into the subway.
The cyclist was flown by air ambulance to Colchester General Hospital with life-threatening injuries.
The area was closed off whil police collision investigators carried out initial enquiries.
Witnesses who have not yet contacted police should call the Essex police serious collision unit on 101.
- 1 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 2 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 3 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 4 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 5 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 6 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 7 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 8 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 9 Automatics out-of-reach and making the play-offs a real battle? The size of the task now facing Ipswich
- 10 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'