Update: Cyclist taken to Addenbrookes with head injuries
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a cyclist suffered head injuries following a collision with a car.
Emergency services were called to the B1127 Lowestoft Road in Reydon near the junction with Coxs Lane just after 3.30am on Sunday.
A female pedestrian and a male cyclist were travelling along the offside of the road, towards Reydon, when the cyclist was in collision with a blue Fiat Punto.
The 20-year-old cyclist was taken to the James Paget Hospital at Gorleston with a head injury.
His condition deteriorated and he was transferred to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge where he remains in a life-threatening condition.
The pair had attended the Southwold Music on the Green event during the evening before attending a rugby event in Reydon near the industrial estate.
They were travelling home when the collision occurred.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 5 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 9 Aston Villa loanee Louie Barry is the forgotten signing at Ipswich Town... he'll be hoping to get his chance this week
- 10 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident
Witnesses or anyone who saw the couple leaving the event should call Pc Jon Doran at the serious collision investigation team on 101.