Update: Fire crews extinguish blaze at old laundry factory building in Clacton’s Victory Road
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have tackled a blaze at the old laundry factory in Clacton.
Four fire engines were sent to the fire at the factory building in Victory Road, Clacton.
Crews from Clacton, Weeley and Frinton were on the scene after the fire service were called just before 9pm.
The building measures approximately 35 x 20 metres and is derelict. At 9.26pm crews reported that the ground floor was 20% alight and the mezzanine level was well alight.
Firefighters used two hose reel jets and two main jets to tackle the fire and at 10.10pm a spokesman said steady progress was being made.
You may also want to watch:
By 11.20pm the crews had started damping down the area and the aerial ladder platform monitor was in use to pour water on to the fire.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 7 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 8 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 9 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex
- 10 Town confirm four more exits at end of season