Update: Firefighters tackle flooded area ‘the size of a football pitch’ at BT’s Adastral Park headquarters in Martlesham Heath
- Credit: Archant
BT’s research and development headquarters in Suffolk lost power this morning after a burst water pipe led to flooding over an area ‘the size of a football pitch’.
Firefighters spent nearly five hours at Adastral Park in Martlesham Heath pumping water from the basement of the building after receiving reports at about 9.20am.
Suffolk County Council has confirmed the affected building was the BT’s headquarters, which lost power “almost immediately” after the flooding, which covered an area “the size of a football pitch”.
BT said the flooding would not have affected its services to homes or business in the area.
The on site fire crew were able to pump out 4ins of water, but requested support of Suffolk Fire and Rescue.
You may also want to watch:
An appliance and an operational support unit from Ipswich East fire station attended and were on site until 2.10pm.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
- 10 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears