Update: Fuel spillage caused major delays on A14 near Newmarket
- Credit: Archant
Motorists travelling on the A14 experienced delays of around 40 minutes because of a major diesel spillage.
Police got the call to the road outside Newmarket at about 12.50pm.
Two lanes were closed and queueing traffic was on the road Cambridge-bound.
The fuel came from a broken down tipper lorry.
A force spokesman said no-one has been injured in the accident.
You may also want to watch:
The road has now been cleared and traffic
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder