Update: Long delays after vehicle towing combine harvester on fire closes A120 near Ardleigh
- Credit: Archant
Police had to close the A120 in both directions to deal with a vehicle fire.
Officers were called at 8.20am to the road in Ardleigh near Colchester.
A heavy-goods vehicle which had been on fire was towing a combine harvester.
A force spokesman said the rolling road block had been in operation and no-one had been hurt.
Two appliances from Colchester and one from Manningtree were at the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Crews wore breathing apparatus and used two hose-reel jets to extinguish the fire by 9.05am.
They remained at the scene for half an hour after the fire damping down.
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 10 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
Long delays are being reported on the A120 because of vehicle recovery and repair work which has taken place.