Update: Man, 26, killed in Haverhill car accident
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
A 26-year-old man has died after his car crashed into a tree this morning.
The incident happened at around 11.45am in Homefield Road, Haverhill, near the junction with Moon Hall Lane. Only one vehicle, a Renault Clio, was involved.
Police officers, ambulance personnel, firefighters and a voluntary doctor from Suffolk Accident Rescue Service all attended the incident.
Efforts were made to resuscitate the driver, but he was pronounced dead at the scene at 12.20pm.
The road has been closed while an initial investigation takes place.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who was in the area at the time or saw the accident should contact Suffolk Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 7 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 8 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 9 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash