Update: Man arrested on suspicion of arson after house fire in Mendlesham Green
- Credit: Archant
A 54-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of arson following a fire at a home in Mendlesham Green in the early hours of yesterday morning.
Police were called by the fire service around 12.50am with reports the property in Green Road was on fire, but that no one appeared to have been inside.
Officers attended and began enquiries and at around 3.30am, the 54-year-old man from the Mendlesham area was arrested in connection with the blaze.
He was taken into custody at Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre.
The fire started at around 12.15am, and was dealt with by two fire crews from Needham Market and Stowmarket.
You may also want to watch:
The ground floor of the two-storey property was badly damaged by the fire, which had been stopped by 1.15am.
Enquiries are continuing into the fire and police are asking anyone who may have been in the area between 10pm Saturday night and 3am yesterday morning to come forward.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 4 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 10 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
Anyone with information should call Suffolk Police on 101.