Update: Man critically ill after bus attack in Ipswich
A MAN is fighting for his life in hospital after being assaulted on a bus tonight.
The man, in his 60s, had been travelling on an Ipswich Buses service on route 10.
When the bus stopped in Defoe Road at around 6.05pm, three other male passengers pushed him from it causing him to hit his head.
The man suffered a head injury and has been taken to Ipswich Hospital for further treatment. His condition is described as critical.
An East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST) spokesman confirmed the man was knocked unconscious.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “His condition worsened so it was imperative that we got him to hospital as soon as possible.
“He is seriously ill.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 3 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 4 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 7 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 10 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
The three men got off the bus and ran into Macauley Road.
They are all white, of medium build, around 5ft 7ins tall and in their late 20s.
One was wearing a woolly hat and a grey bomber jacket, another was wearing a grey hooded top under a jacket.
Officers are speaking to other passengers on the bus and have been searching the area to find the trio.
Anyone who may have seen the men running from the bus or in the nearby area should call Ipswich CID on 101.