Update: Man dead and woman in critical condition after car strikes two pedestrians in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
A MAN in his 70s has died and a woman is in critical condition after a car hit two pedestrians in Lowestoft.
Police were called to the scene outside the Foxburrow Inn in Yarmouth Road, Lowestoft by the ambulance service at 8.58pm and fire crews were also asked to attend.
The man and woman, both aged in their 70s were taken to the James Paget Hospital in Great Yarmouth where the man was pronounced dead and the woman remains in a critical condition.
The pair had been crossing the road with three others, a man and two children, none of which were injured.
A blue Renault car, travelling south along the road towards Lowestoft, was involved in the crash. The female driver of the car was uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
A road closure and diversions have been put in place along Yarmouth Road in Lowestoft while officers carry out a collision investigation.
Anyone who witnessed the collision or has information is asked to call Sergeant Julian Ditcham at Suffolk Police on 101.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 3 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 6 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 7 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 8 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 9 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 10 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000