Update: Man dies after being found lying in street in Haverhill
- Credit: Mariam Ghaemi
POLICE are investigating the death of a man found lying in a Suffolk street this morning.
An area of Haverhill was cordoned off following the unexplained death of a man.
Police were called to Duddery Road at around 3.30am by paramedics tending to a man who had been found lying in the street.
The man, who is believed to be in his 70s, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge where he was pronounced dead.
Officers are currently trying to identify the man and contact his next of kin.
You may also want to watch:
The death is being treated as unexplained but police do not believe there are any suspicious circumstances.
A post mortem will be carried out to establish the man’s cause of death.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
Anyone who was in the area of Duddery Road, Haverhill during the early hours of this morning and may have information that could help are asked to call Suffolk Police on 101.