Update: Man in hospital after being freed from wreckage of two-vehicle crash near A120
- Credit: Archant
A MAN is in hospital after firefighters freed him from the wreckage of a two-car crash on the outskirts of Colchester this evening.
Emergency services are at the scene on the A1232 at the Ardleigh Interchange.
The accident is understood to have happened close to the junction with the A120 at 6.16pm.
Three crews from Essex County Fire and Rescue Service are working to release a man trapped in the wreckage.
A spokesman for Essex Police said one casualty has been taken to Colchester General Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening at this time.”
The road was closed for some time, while the emergency services worked at the scene.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 3 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 4 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 5 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 6 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 7 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 8 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 9 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 10 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure