Update: Man killed in crash on A1088 Honington named by police
- Credit: Archant
Dr Ronak Patel, aged 33 of Ixworth, died following a collision between a lorry and the Volkswagen Golf he was driving this morning.
The Golf was in a collision with a HGV on the westbound carriageway of the A1088 in Honington shortly before 9am.
The road was closed while police investigated, and reopened at around 2.30pm.
Paramedics and firefighters were also called to the scene.
The collision means that 24 people have now died on Suffolk’s roads this year. Last year, 30 people were killed on the county’s roads.
Anyone who witnessed the collision is urged to call police on 101.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 3 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 4 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 7 Hazel O'Connor's Sudbury shows cancelled due to 'serious medical incident'
- 8 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 9 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 10 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds