Update: Man who sustained potentially “life-threatening” injuries following crash in Hadleigh is now stable in hospital
- Credit: Archant
A man was airlifted to hospital with “life-threatening” injuries following a crash between a car and a motorcyclist.
The accident happened in Benton Street shortly after 1pm.
The air ambulance landed at the scene to help treat the male motorcyclist, believed to be in his 60s.
He was given “specialist treatment” by air medics at the scene before he was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with “potentially life-threatening” injuries, according to the ambulance service.
The air ambulance service has now said he is “stable” in hospital with “serious” injuries.
You may also want to watch:
An occupant of the car, believed to be a woman in a Ford Fiesta, was taken to Ipswich Hospital as a precaution with injuries which are not thought to be serious.
Fire crews from Hadleigh, Ipswich and Colchester were also called.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-1 win against Fleetwood
- 8 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-1 victory over Fleetwood
- 10 Plans for Scandinavian-inspired holiday chalets in Suffolk
The road, which leads to the A12, was closed until around 4.20pm.