Update: Man who sustained potentially “life-threatening” injuries following crash in Hadleigh is now stable in hospital
- Credit: Archant
A man was airlifted to hospital with “life-threatening” injuries following a crash between a car and a motorcyclist.
The accident happened in Benton Street shortly after 1pm.
The air ambulance landed at the scene to help treat the male motorcyclist, believed to be in his 60s.
He was given “specialist treatment” by air medics at the scene before he was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with “potentially life-threatening” injuries, according to the ambulance service.
The air ambulance service has now said he is “stable” in hospital with “serious” injuries.
You may also want to watch:
An occupant of the car, believed to be a woman in a Ford Fiesta, was taken to Ipswich Hospital as a precaution with injuries which are not thought to be serious.
Fire crews from Hadleigh, Ipswich and Colchester were also called.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
The road, which leads to the A12, was closed until around 4.20pm.