Update: Pensioner dies in crash at junction of M11 and A14
AN 80-year-old man died today in a collision between a car and lorry on a slip road between the M11 and A14.
Police officers are today appealing for witnesses following the fatal crash at the Cloverleaf interchange at 10.18am.
The 80-year-old driver of a green Vauxhall Astra, from St Neots, died in the accident, which also involved a lorry and BMW.
All three vehicles were travelling in the westbound direction at the time of the crash.
A Cambridgeshire police spokesman said the driver of the BMW was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital for treatment to minor injuries. The lorry driver was not injured.
The road was closed off until 2.26pm while investigations were carried out.
Sergeant Liz Groom, investigating, said: “I would urge anyone who saw the collision or any of the vehicles prior to it to contact police.”
- 1 A14 westbound closed after car catches fire
- 2 'There are still areas we want to improve' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 3 'Eyesore' Suffolk seafront hotel for sale for £2million
- 4 Council has 'no plans' to alter verge cutting schedule in Suffolk
- 5 Town in negotiations with Aberdeen over Hladky sale
- 6 Plans for 5 'very large homes' in Suffolk village turned down
- 7 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 8 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 9 Stuart Taylor sacked by Hamilton
- 10 Ipswich Town appoint new Academy Manager
Anyone with any information should call the Roads Policing Unit on 101.