Update: Police investigating car fire in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to two fires in Ipswich last night.
The first incident reported was a chimney fire at a house in Pickwick Road shortly before 11pm.
One crew from Princes Street attended to the blaze, and used ladders and chimney rod equipment to help extinguish the fire by around 11.50pm.
A second blaze was then reported shortly after 11pm in Kildare Avenue.
One crew from Princes Street arrived to find a fire at the rear wheel of a vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire was believed to be deliberate, and Suffolk police are investigating the incident.
The fire was extinguished shortly before 11.15pm.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
Police are appealing for witnesses to the car fire, and anyone with information should contact PC Nikki Holley, quoting IW/15/268, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.