Update: Police no longer looking for gang of four men after report of rape near the Willis building is withdrawn
- Credit: Lucy Taylor
No further investigations will be carried out into an alleged rape after the report was withdrawn.
Suffolk police were called at 1.15am on Sunday by a woman who said she had been approached by a gang of four men in Friars Street, near the iconic Willis building.
The woman said she was then taken into an alleyway and raped.
Officers appealed for anyone who might be able to help in their investigations to come forward.
However just before 3pm yesterday a spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said they were taking no further action.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said: “Police can confirm that the report of a serious sexual assault in Ipswich has been withdrawn.
“It has been confirmed that no offence took place and no further investigation will be carried out.”
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich