Update: Police say West Stow shotgun death man was in his 70s, treated as suicide
POLICE were today investigating after a man apparently committed suicide with a shotgun in a field near a Suffolk tourist attraction.
Officers were called to a field near the West Stow Country Park between Bury St Edmunds and Mildenhall at about 8pm on Sunday evening.
They found the body of a man with gunshot wounds.
Police today said the man was in his 70s and told how the incident had been reported by one of the dead man’s relatives who is understood to live in the area.
A spokeswoman for police said officers were satisfied that no one else was involved in the shooting and were treating it as a suspected suicide.
You may also want to watch:
She said police had intially attended because the incident was a death involving firearms.
The death has been referred to the coroner’s office and an inquest could be held in due course.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo