Update: Road cleared after woman injured in road collision on A140
POLICE have been called to an accident on the A140 which has left a woman injured.
The collision between a lorry and a car was reported at 6.50am on the A140 between Stuston and Scole, near Eye.
A police spokeswoman said the road was partially blocked at the B1077 junction and an ambulance had been called.
The spokeswoman said the female driver of a silver Volkswagen Polo sustained injuries which are not thought to be life changing or life threatening.
The fire service sent three appliances to the scene and released the woman from the car.
She was taken to Norfolk and Norwich Hospital.
The male driver of a white Scania lorry escaped from the vehicle without any serious injuries.
- 1 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 2 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 3 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 4 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 5 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 6 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 7 Suffolk brand worn by pop star Ed Sheeran opens new store
- 8 Stu says: Six observations following MK Dons victory
- 9 'Absolutely awful': Anger as rubbish left dumped near beauty spot
- 10 All four wheels stolen from BMW car parked outside home
The road was closed in both directions as police cleared the road.
A police spokeswoman said the road has now been re-opened in both directions.