Update: Runaway husky caused problems for motorists on A14 near Needham Market
POLICE were out trying to catch a dog which had been causing motorists to swerve out of the way on the A14 earlier.
Officers were on the busy road at junction 51, Coddenham, near Needham Market, where numerous sightings of the husky had been reported.
The dog was first reported to police at about 10.30am when it was spotted running up the embankment of the eastbound carriageway.
Motorists stopped to try and catch the dog and police also received a call from the owner – who was also out trying to help.
A rolling road block was put in place to bring cars to a halt.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier today the dog was reported to have moved away but the husky returned at 4pm.
Police went out to catch the dog again but on arrival could not find the pet.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw