Update: Seven fire crews at scene of gas leak which has left five ill
FIVE PEOPLE have been taken ill after a potential gas leak in an Essex pub.
Ambulance crews and the hazardous area response team are currently at the scene of what is thought to be a gas leak. The East of England Ambulance Service were called to the Bowling Green pub on Colchester Road, Weeley, at 11.51am.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “At present we are working closely with the fire and police to ascertain what has caused five patients to become suddenly ill.”
Two people took themselves to Colchester General Hospital and another three are being assessed at the scene by ambulance crew after suffering from dizziness.
Seven fire crews are currently at the scene of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the brigade said the pub had been cordoned off and evacuated.
They have isolated the gas supply and are working to find out the cause of the incident.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 7 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 8 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 9 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 10 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy