UPDATE: Sixth person arrested in connection with Bury St Edmunds shooting
- Credit: Archant � 2009
A man from Bridgwater, 31, was arrested by Avon and Somerset Police yesterday evening on suspicion of attempted murder.
It follows the arrests of two men, aged 34 and 39 from Dorchester, yesterday morning (Saturday). The 39-year-old was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and the other on suspicion of conspiracy to murder. They remain in police custody at the Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.
Police were called at 6.45pm on Tuesday (August 4) to reports that a man had been shot in the stomach at an address in Forum Court, Bury St Edmunds.
The victim, a man in his 30s, was taken to hospital for treatment and remains in a stable condition.
A burnt-out car, discovered at around 7.15pm that evening in Rushbrooke Lane, is being linked to the investigation after a shotgun was found inside it.
You may also want to watch:
A 58-year-old man and two women aged 59 and 28 - all from the Needham Market area - who were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder, were released on police bail until Thursday October 1 pending further enquiries.
Anyone who witnessed any suspicious behaviour at either Forum Court or Rushbrooke Lane on Tuesday night, or who may have information about the incident, is asked to contact the major investigation team by calling 101 and quoting reference BU/15/2542 or by calling Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 9 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 10 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go