Update: Two people cut out of cars near Colchester Zoo
FIREFIGHTERS have been called to a road traffic collision involving two vehicles near Colchester Zoo.
The accident happened just after 3.30pm at Maldon Road, Stanway, near Colchester Zoo’s main entrance.
Two appliances from Colchester and another from Tiptree were sent to the scene.
One person in a red Ford Fiesta and one in a grey Volkswagen Golf have been injured.
Fire crews used cutting equipment to remove the roof of each car.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service said a woman had been taken to Colchester General with what appeared to be non-serious injuries.
The details of the second person’s injuries are currently unknown.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards