Update: Woman arrested on suspicion of drink driving after Citroen C3 crash in Norwich Road, Barham
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
A woman who was rescued from a car following a crash with a lorry was arrested on suspicion of drink driving.
Police were called just before 3pm to the road in the village next to Claydon near an East of England Co-op shop.
A force spokeswoman said the woman, who was in a grey Citroen C3, was “conscious and breathing”. Her injuries are thought to be minor.
Fire crews were called as she complained of neck pain and worked to remove a door from the vehicle to rescue her.
The police spokeswoman said she was arrested on suspicion of driving with excess alcohol.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the lorry is believed to have escaped unhurt.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 6 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 7 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 8 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 9 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 10 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future