Updated: Points failure at Ipswich resolved
Commuters faced another morning of misery on the trains as a points failure affected Ipswich station.
Rail operator Abellio Greater Anglia were made aware of the problem at 5.30am today.
However engineers from Network Rail had repaired the problem by 6.25am
One train was cancelled between Felixstowe and Ipswich, and two services between Ipswich and Cambridge delayed.
Residual delays of up to ten minutes could remain during the morning.
You may also want to watch:
Today’s incident is the latest in a series of problems on the rail network over the past week.
Yesterday a broken down freight train at Manningtree and a points failure between Witham and Chelmsford caused disruption, while on Monday over-running engineering works caused major problems.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
On Thursday a signalling problem between Ipswich and Stowmarket caused severe disruption to a number of routes, and on Saturday a similar fault between Stowmarket and Norwich also caused delays.
Is our rail network fit for purpose? Leave your comments below.