Updated: Rail services return to normal after track problems at Goodmayes
Rail services between East Anglia and London return to normal after a fault with the line at Goodmayes.
Network Rail engineers were called to the site early this morning to try to fix the problem.
The fault led to some services being cancelled or terminated early, while those which passed through the station had to do so at a reduced speed.
Five services from north Essex and East Anglia were cancelled, while others ended at Colchester.
A rail replacement bus service connected the Braintree branch line to Witham, and tickets were also accepted on Transport for London bus and rail services.
You may also want to watch:
Rail operator Abellio Greater Anglia apologised for any inconvenience caused.
Engineers are due to return to the site tonight to ensure the problem does not recur.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam