Upended car causes A14 gridlock
TRAFFIC has been brought to a standstill on the A14 today after a car overturned near the Orwell Bridge.
TRAFFIC was brought to a standstill on the A14 today after a car overturned near the Orwell Bridge.
A collision is thought to have occurred between two vehicles, a blue Peugeot 406 and a Ford Galaxy, on the Bury St Edmunds-bound carriageway at around 11am.
Police said the Peugeot was left on its roof near the junction with Nacton Road.
Queues were stretching back to the Nacton interchange as emergency services converged on the scene.
You may also want to watch:
One lane was closed while the incident was being dealt with, but traffic had returned to normal by 1.30pm.
A 27-year-old suffered small cuts to his head in the collision, but was not taken to hospital.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week