Vandals blow up phone box
VANDALS caused an explosion which badly damaged a telephone box in Colchester by planting a “crude” device in it, police said.
VANDALS caused an explosion which badly damaged a telephone box in Colchester by planting a “crude” device in it, police have said.
The incident happened in Blackberry Road, Stanway, at about 12.15am yesterday and three cars were seen leaving the scene together shortly afterwards.
Officers said they were thought to be a Ford Mondeo, with light panels at the front and dark at the back, a rally car with a stripped out interior and a Union Jack on one of the doors and a third car which there is no description of.
The cars left along Blackberry Road towards Tollgate Road.
You may also want to watch:
Police said the incident appeared to be “wanton vandalism” rather than an attempt to harm anyone.
The remains of a “crude” device were found in the phone box close the post office afterwards and are being examined by forensic experts.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 10 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
Anyone with information should contact Colchester CID on 0300 333 4444.