Rail delays after vehicle collides with bridge
A vehicle has collided with Coddenham Road bridge in Needham Market, causing delays to services.
The vehicle struck the bridge - which has been frequently named 'the most bashed bridge in Suffolk' - just after 8am this morning.
A spokesman for Greater Anglia said: "The incident has now been cleared so we have permission to run trains again. There will be some minimal residual delays."
In an earlier tweet, Greater Anglia said: "Train services running Needham Market may be delayed or revised. Disruption is expected until 9.30am."
Suffolk Police were also called by British Transport Police to reports of the collision, however upon arrival the incident had been cleared.
There were no reported injuries.
Read more: Revealed: Is this the most bashed bridge in Suffolk?Meanwhile, more than 70 services have been cancelled this morning with commuters facing huge travel disruption across Suffolk and Norfolk.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 10 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour