Vehicle strikes rail bridge in Needham Market
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Train services passing through Needham Market were disrupted tonight after a vehicle hit a rail bridge.
British Transport Police has confirmed a collision took place in Coddenham Road.
The crash is believed to have happened around 4pm.
The bridge has been examined and it is safe for trains to run over at normal speed, according to Greater Anglia.
The East of England Ambulance Service was not called to the incident.
You may also want to watch:
As a result of this crash, trains between Ipswich and Norwich and Cambridge and Peterborough were impacted.
Services were disrupted until around 7.30pm.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 10 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks