Victoria proves the driving force in building van rental business
- Credit: supplied
Volkswagen Van Centre at Bury St Edmunds has seen a boost to business since it launched its rental division.
Victoria Loveday, who joined the company just nine months ago, was drafted in to launch the rental department within Volkswagen Van Centre (Bury St Edmunds) and has since developed the van centre’s rental division into a thriving business.
The new service advisor and van rental specialist is the driving force behind the van centre’s latest business success, acquiring a number of short and long-term contracts with local businesses from in and around Suffolk.
Victoria believes there was definitely a market for van rentals in the area.
She said: “We have secured a number of high-profile short-term contracts with local businesses, like East Anglia Swift Transport, plus a long-term hire of a vehicle with a local company called Fieldside Asset Management Ltd.
You may also want to watch:
“One of our customers, a small business which usually hires a van for a couple of days a week, loved the convenience of our service so much that they decided to hire another van for a whole three months.”
Victoria joined the van centre with more than 15 years’ experience of working within the motor industry. Having begun her career as a warranty administrator and secretary, Victoria swiftly progressed to a warranty supervisor role over the years and last year embarked on her first role with rentals at the Volkswagen Van Centre.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 6 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 7 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 8 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 9 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 10 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
Victoria said: “It’s my first time working in rentals and I love it. I am enjoying combining this role with the servicing side. I have always worked in the service department so it is good to get some different experience under my belt.”
David Nichols, head of business at Volkswagen Van Centre (Bury St Edmunds), believes that Victoria has played a significant part in strengthening the business portfolio of the company.
He said: “We started to do van rentals last October, renting the same van to customers we knew. However, since we appointed Victoria, she has managed to create lots of interest in rentals which in turn has increased our business month on month.
“We are now running four dedicated rental vans including the Caddy, the Transporter, the Crafter MWB and the Crafter LWB which are available to hire at unbelievably low prices. Customers can hire a Volkswagen Caddy for as little as £35 per day, £175 per week and just £70 for a weekend.”
For further information about van rentals at Volkswagen Van Centre (Bury St Edmunds) telephone 01284 715900.