Video: CCTV released of armed robbery at Ipswich jewellers
POLICE today issued CCTV of an armed robbery at an Ipswich jewellers in a renewed appeal for information.
A man armed with what is thought to have been a handgun entered Berridges Jewellers in Dial Lane at around 9.30am on Tuesday, April 26, and stole a quantity of jewellery.
He then fled from the shop behind the church opposite and ran in the direction of River Island.
He is thought to be white, possibly Eastern European, in his mid 20s and between 5ft 8ins and 5ft 10ins with a slim build and a gaunt face. He was wearing a dark-coloured wig, dark sunglasses, blue jeans and a dark hooded top with the hood up and a peaked cap underneath.
Police have been trawling CCTV and believe the suspect was loitering in the area before the incident. Officers are expected to release images of the suspect later today.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Sergeant Darren Bruce of Ipswich CID said: “I am keen to identify the man in the CCTV footage and urge anyone who recognises him to get in touch.
“I would also like anyone who has any information that could assist with this enquiry to contact Ipswich CID without delay.”
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 4 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 5 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 6 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 7 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
Anyone who was in the town centre between 7.30am and 9.30am and saw someone acting suspiciously is asked to call police on 01473 613500.