Video: England boss Fabio Capello officially opens Ipswich college
ENGLAND football manager Fabio Capello visited Ipswich to officially open Suffolk New College today following a refurbishment.
WITH the World Cup fast approaching amid mounting squad selection problems, Fabio Capello is a man under pressure.
But the England football manager yesterday found the time in his busy schedule to officially open a new multi-million pound education institution in Ipswich.
The 63-year-old Italian, who will attempt to lead England to World Cup glory in South Africa this summer, was welcomed into Suffolk by a swarm of adoring fans who chanted his name outside Suffolk New College.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Capello, who has raised the expectations of the country after an excellent start as the national boss, met with staff and excited students during his visit.
Before officially opening the new student facilities at Suffolk New College, Mr Capello said: “I'm very proud to be here today at the college. I met some students and it was really interesting for me. I visited the city a long time ago when I was a player and I think you have to be really proud of this building.”
- 1 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 5 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 6 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 8 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 9 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 10 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
One student was delighted to meet the ex-Juventus player, who has also managed Real Madrid, Juventus and Roma.
Oliver Brown, 18, who is studying for a National Diploma in Sport, said: “It's like a dream come true. I asked him if England were going to win the World Cup and he said that he had four months to make that happen.
“He just seemed like a normal person and he was really interested in what the students had to say.”
Before introducing Mr Capello to a swarm of screaming fans, college principal Dave Muller said that he was pleased to welcome “an individual of the qualities that Mr Capello possesses”.
For more information on Suffolk New College visit www.suffolk.ac.uk.