Video: Fire crews from across Suffolk called to 20-acre field fire in a busy day for the service
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters in Suffolk spent more than an hour bringing a crop field fire under control today.
Five crews from across the county were sent to Mullet Farm in Brettenham Road, Buxhall, at about 11.30am today.
The fire took hold of about 20 acres of standing crop including scrubland and hedgerows.
Firefighters created a fire break using beaters and two hose reels – they had the fire surrounded by 12.09pm and it was under control by 12.29pm.
The county’s fire service was called out to a number of similar incidents today.
You may also want to watch:
At 11.58am, crews from Beccles and Halesworth were called to a field stubble fire in Becks Green Lane, Ilketshall St Andrew.
Firefighters arrived at 12.15pm and used hose reels and beaters to extinguish the blaze.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 6 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
- 10 'Things might have been very different'... outgoing skipper Chambers reflects on that play-off season
At 12.28pm, one crew from Aldeburgh was called to an allotment fire in Old Post Office Lane, Blaxhall.
Jets and chromes were used to tackle the fire, which affected about 40 square metres of undergrowth and trees.