Video/Gallery: Pupils at Cedars Park Community Primary School dress up as Santa for run
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of Santas have been having fun running around a playing field as part of a school’s annual tradition.
The 350 pupils from Cedars Park Community Primary School, in Stowmarket, took part in the run along with their teachers.
Staff driving to work on the Friday morning who dressed as Father Christmas received some funny looks from passers-by, according to headteacher David Dee.
“The idea behind it is to bring the whole school together to mark the last day of school,” he said.
“Seeing 350 pupils all running across the field is quite a sight to behold, all the teachers dressed up as well. It’s becoming a fantastic school tradition.”
You may also want to watch:
Children, from the youngest to the oldest at the school, all joined in on the quarter-mile dash last week.
The school has seen a big rise in numbers since it opened eight years ago with only 70 students.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 6 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 7 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 8 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 9 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 10 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000