Video: Make Some Noise for the Tractor Boys and cheer on the Super Blues as they take on Millwall this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Will your voice be heard this season?
We want you to #MakeSomeNoise and cheer the Super Blues on to victory - and to give you a helping hand to raise the volume inside Portman Road we will be giving away 10,000 free Clap-Banners this weekend.
Wave your cardboard poster, brought to you by the EADT, Ipswich Star, Ipswich Town Football Club and William H. Brown estate agents, to show the strength of support in the homestands and then bang it against your hand as the excitement builds and let the squad know we are behind them all the way.
With your encouragement, Town could secure an all-important three points against Millwall on Saturday afternoon.
This week Town stars Luke Chambers, Cole Skuse, Paul Anderson and Anthony Wordsworth tried out the Clap-Banners following a training session at the Playford Road site and are now waiting to hear just how much noise the fans can make.
Hopes were high for the first league game of the season at Reading, but Town were unable to withstand the onslaught from the home team.
And despite proclamations from the boss that they would be taking the Capital One Cup seriously, the Blues bowed out at Stevenage midweek after failing to find the net.
- 1 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 2 Greater Anglia warns of further severe disruptions as more strikes planned
- 3 Revealed: Where house prices are rising fastest in Suffolk
- 4 Ipswich Town away shirt sales up by 138%!
- 5 5 of the prettiest villages in Suffolk
- 6 Long-running BBC One show to be filmed in Suffolk church
- 7 Severe delays on A14 after lorry sheds load of sand on carriageway
- 8 Missing 66-year-old woman from west Suffolk found safe
- 9 Suffolk's Covid rate trebles as experts warn virus 'hasn't gone away'
- 10 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
But it is still early on in the season and with Mick McCarthy at the helm there is every chance the Blues could be a top-six contender.
A spokesman for the club said: “The fans were magnificent at Reading and Stevenage. We are sure they will make some noise and get right behind the team again on Saturday for the first home game and throughout the season.”
The free Clap-Banners will be given out on a first-come-first-served basis at the turnstiles on Saturday and will be included in our goody bags, available from our promotions team before matches, over coming weeks.
Make sure you take yours along to every match and #MakeSomeNoise for the the Tractor Boys.
Show your backing for our new campaign by adding #MakeSomeNoise to your Tweets.
And after the match, why not log on to our Match Centre on the Green ‘Un24 website for post-match anaylsis, manager reaction and our new rate the player feature which allows you to score each player out of 10.
Visit http://www.greenun24.co.uk/ipswich-town for more details.